Founded in 2016 through the merger of Fourrier Consulting Engineers and Solo Environmental Consultants, Fourrier & de Abreu Engineers (FDAE) is a minority‑owned company that maintains high standards for client satisfaction and provides innovative and cost-effective solutions. FDAE’s business philosophy consists of a daily commitment to the ethics and principles of engineering, care for our employees, and dedication to our clients, all of which have made us the premier solid waste engineering company in Louisiana.
The recent move to our new 11,000 sq. ft. facility comprised of office space and a state-of-the-art geotechnical laboratory is another sign of our commitment to improve and expand the scope of services we offer our clients in order to better serve their needs. FDAE’s investment in this new facility will enable us to provide complete in-house services for all of our clients’ solid waste consultation needs including geotechnical laboratory testing, engineering, regulatory compliance, permitting, surveying, construction oversight, and field monitoring and sampling. FDAE will continue to provide all services with the same level of passion and pride that has earned us the reputation of being the leader in solid waste engineering.
FDAE is a corporate member of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) and the Louisiana Airport Managers and Associates (LAMA).
Ricardo C. de Abreu, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE
Since 1992, Dr. Ricardo de Abreu has provided geotechnical engineering services for numerous projects of landfills, buildings, bridges, embankments, retaining-walls, flood reservoirs, roadways, tunnels and dams, working as a private consultant and researcher for municipalities, private corporations, contractors, governmental departments, and environmental regulatory agencies.
As a solid waste expert, Dr. de Abreu has provided consulting services to more than 100 landfills in the United States and abroad, serving in several committees and boards on the topic, including the 2017 Louisiana ASCE’s Solid Waste Infrastructure Committee and the 2009-2010 Louisiana Solid Waste Regulations Review Group, which created specific technical rules for the slope stability analysis of landfills in Louisiana.
Dr. de Abreu earned his B.S. in Civil Engineering in 1994 and his M.S. in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Concentration) in 2000 from the University of Sao Paulo (Brazil), and received his Ph.D. in Engineering and Applied Sciences from the University of New Orleans in 2003.
In the academic area, Dr. de Abreu has been an instructor of geotechnical and solid waste disciplines at the University of Sao Paulo and the University of New Orleans, and author of several articles and other publications in English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Dr. de Abreu is a Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers, a member of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, a current member of the Louisiana Board of Certification and Training for Solid Waste Management Operators, a Level A Solid Waste Operator certified by LDEQ, and a Professional Engineer in the states of Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, and Arkansas.
Dr. de Abreu recently received the Diplomate, Geotechnical Engineering (D.GE) certification by the Academy of Geo-Professionals (AGP).
Jonathan E. Fourrier, M.Sc., P.E.
Jon Fourrier is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. After serving four years in the Marine Corps, Mr. Fourrier received a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering in 2002 and a Master of Science in Civil Engineering in 2007 from Louisiana State University. He is a licensed professional engineer in the state of Louisiana. Mr. Fourrier began his career at Turner Environmental, Inc. in 2000. Since that time, his primary career focus has been solid waste consultation and providing engineering services to solid waste facilities in Louisiana.
As project manager for numerous industrial/municipal (Type I/II) and construction/demolition debris (Type III) solid waste facility expansions, permit renewals, and permit modifications in Louisiana, Mr. Fourrier has overseen many geotechnical investigations and designed several solid waste facilities in Louisiana. Mr. Fourrier’s permitting experience includes solid waste, air (Part 70), and surface water (LPDES). In addition, Mr. Fourrier has worked extensively with the oil and gas Exploration and Production (E&P) waste treatment and disposal industry.
Mr. Fourrier has written and prepared Facility Operations Plans, Emergency Response Plans, Construction Quality Assurance Plans, Waste Acceptance Plans, Closure and Post-Closure Plans, Groundwater Monitoring Plans, financial assurance documents, bid packages, construction specifications and construction cost estimates, for dozens of facilities in Louisiana.
Mr. Fourrier is a Certified Inspector for Geosynthetics and Compacted Clay Liners through the Inspectors Certification Program of the Geosynthetic Certifications Institute (GCI-ICP), a former member of the Louisiana Board of Certification and Training for Solid Waste Management Operators, and a Level A Solid Waste Operator certified by LDEQ.
Vice President and Engineering Manager
Dale Steib, P.E.
Dale Steib received his BS degree in Civil Engineering from LSU in 1993 with a minor in environmental engineering and mathematics. He has over 24 years of experience in the fields of Civil and Environmental Engineering. This experience includes the permitting, design, management and construction oversight of various environmental and civil engineering projects involving but not limited to landfills, transfer stations and surface impoundments. He has extensive experience involving solid waste facility permitting, design, construction management and quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) services. His experience also includes cell construction, landfill capping and closure, stormwater system designs and management, environmental site assessments, SWPPP, SPC, and SPCC preparation and implementation. Additionally, his experience includes foundation design, bridge design, bridge inspection, road design and repairs, geometrics and noise wall design.
He has managed and provided project oversight for work performed by subcontractors in the areas of wetlands delineations and permitting, geotechnical drilling and testing, groundwater sampling and management, stormwater sampling and management, surveying, earthwork projects, liner and piping installation.
Mr. Steib currently holds professional engineering licenses in Louisiana and Mississippi.
Principal’s Partial Project List
• Harold J. “Babe” Landry Landfill - Berwick, LA
• Tangipahoa Parish Regional Solid Waste Facility - Independence, LA
• White Oaks Landfill - Monroe, LA
• Mundy Landfill (DeSoto Parish) - Mansfield, LA
• St. Landry Parish Landfill - Washington, LA
• Union Parish Sanitary Landfill - Farmerville, LA
• Sabine Parish Sanitary Landfill - Many, LA
• LaSalle-Grant Parish Landfill - Jena, LA
• Timberlane Landfill - Oakdale, LA
• Jefferson Parish Sanitary Landfill - Avondale, LA
• ExxonMobil Chemical - Baton Rouge, LA
• North Landfill – Baton Rouge, LA
• Woodside Landfill – Walker, LA
• Reliable Landfill – Livonia, LA
• Colonial Landfill – Sorrento, LA
• Tensas Parish Landfill – St. Joseph, LA
• Catahoula C&D Landfill - Harrisonburg, LA
• Jefferson Davis Parish Landfill - Welsh, LA
• West Carroll Sanitary Landfill - Oak Grove, LA
• Area 90 Sanitary Landfill - Avondale, LA
• Vermillion Parish Landfill - Meaux, LA
• Acadia Parish Landfill - Egan, LA
• Ronaldson Field C&D Landfill - Baton Rouge, LA
• Slidell C&D Landfill - Slidell, LA
• Belle Landfill - Assumption Parish, LA
• Apex Sanitary Landfill - Jefferson County, OH
• Temple-Inland Bogalusa Mill Landfill - Bogalusa, LA
• Choctaw Road Landfill (Washington Parish) - Franklinton, LA
• MBO - Lacassine Oilfield Services - Iowa, LA
• R360 Elm Grove - Elm Grove, LA
• R360 Mermentau - Mermentau, LA
• R360 Bateman Island - Morgan City, LA
• R360 Bourg - Bourg, LA
• R360 Fourchon - Fourchon, LA
• R360 Venice - Venice, LA
• R360 Cameron – Cameron, LA
• Environmental Industries Recycling - Port Allen, LA
• St. Mary Parish West End Pickup Station - Franklin, LA
• Honeywell International (Geismar Plant) - Geismar, LA
• Big Cajun II Power Plant - New Roads, LA
• MeadWestvaco Evadale - Evadale, TX
• Exide Baton Rouge Smelter - Baton Rouge, LA
• Dow Chemical - Plaquemines, LA
• CF Industries - Donaldsonville, LA
• Formosa Plastics - Baton Rouge, LA
• Dynegy-Hennepin Power Station - Hennepin, IL
• Deerfield Storage Facility - Burns Habor, IN
• Louisiana LA-1 Improvements, LADOTD - Lafourche Parish, LA
• Pichi Picun Leufeu Hydropower Plant – Argentina
• Maua Stormwater Reservoir – Maua, Brazil
• Bandeirantes Waste Landfill – Sao Paulo, Brazil