Another area of FDAE’s expertise is geotechnical engineering. FDAE is proud of our state-of-the-art geotechnical laboratory and our team of experts in this field. From a small construction job to a multi-million-dollar project, FDAE can handle all of your geotechnical needs.
FDAE’s team has vast experience in the geotechnical analysis and design of buildings, bridges, embankments, retaining-walls, flood reservoirs, roadways, tunnels, dams, and landfills.
Some of our capabilities are:
- Shallow Foundations
- Deep Foundations (driven piles, drilled shafts, and auger cast piles)
- Bearing Capacity Analysis
- Slope Stability Analysis of Earth Structures
- Settlement/Consolidation Analysis
- Ground Improvement
- Earth Retaining Structures (sheet pile, bulkhead, and cantilever walls)
- Pavement and Slab Recommendations
- Shelby Tube (Undisturbed) and Split Spoon Sampling
- Direct Push Sampling (GeoProbe)
- Cone Penetration Testing (CPT)
- Dynamic Cone Penetration Testing (DCPT)
- Soil Electrical Conductivity Profiling (Soil EC).
- Hydraulic Profiling Tool (HPT).
Instrumentation and Monitoring
- Settlement Monitoring
- Monitoring Wells
- Slope Inclinometers
- Dewatering Wells
- Video Camera Inspection of Wells and Pipes
- Vibrating Wire Transducers (VWT)
- Gamma Wireline Logging
- Infiltration Gallery Installation